Chairman | Continuity Forum & Risk Management Committee BSI - RM/1
Russell has been involved in Business Continuity, Security & Risk Management Sectors for 20 years with experience of Business Continuity, Crisis and Disaster management being gained internationally.
He worked on the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 & most of the British, US & international Standards Standards. He continues this work through the ISO, ASIS & BSI committees for Business Continuity, Resilience & Risk.
In December 2015 he was appointed as Chairman of the BSI Risk Management Committee (RM/1). He’s been instrumental in developing national initiatives promoting BCM and resilience planning more widely including Projects Griffin, Argus and the VSAT programme.
He was awarded of “Industry Personality of the Year”.
One of the sectors foremost commentators and speakers, presenting at conferences in the UK and Internationally & appearing regularly on the BBC, CNN, MSNBC and others.
Russell has extensive experience of the public sector & works with central & local government groups delivering support & guidance as well as promoting the value of Risk Management, Security & Business Continuity. Examples below:
• Cabinet Office
• European Union and various National Governments
• Home Office
• Dept Business, Innovation & Skills
• DEFRA & the Environment Agency
• Civil Contingencies Secretariat
• Financial Services Authority
• National Counter Terrorism Security Office
• Metropolitan Police
• City Police
• British Transport Police
• City Emergency Liaison Team (CELT)
• Health Protection Agency
• ‘Pitt’, Buncefield and 7/7 inquiries
• ACPO and ACPOS as well as other ‘blue light’ bodies
• Government Office for London (BCM, Business, CBRN and Communications)
• Diverse Professional and Business Groups (IoD, CBI, FSB etc)
In the corporate sector he has worked with IBM, AT&T, Novartis, BT, HP, G4S, Control Risks, BP, Shell and many others.