Understanding the principle laws surrounding duty of care, how these differ around the world and a look at recent case law.
• Update on the most significant and recent case law
• Under which UK and international laws does the concept of duty of care apply to?
• How limited is cover under US Workers’ compensation laws when employees leave the country?
• How might an injured business traveller or expat implicate cross border choice-of-law?
• How enforceable are employee-signed election of remedies?
• Untangling legal liability which is not even clear to the experts
Mental Health Issues For Travellers And Expats
• Are companies under estimating the impact of long-term overseas assignments on their expats mental health?
• Should companies be offering a coping mechanism ahead of postings?
• To what extent can employee assistance programmes and a virtual counselling services help?
Post Incident Management And Employer Obligations
• Why are organisations worried about PTSD?
• Absenteeism and presenteeism
• Early identification of PTSD-are your managers able to recognise the early signs and do they have the treatment tools to support the individual?
• Why screening your employees pre-deployment does not work
• Peer support training
• The risks of psychological de-briefing
• Snake oil salesmen and quick trauma cures
Duty Of Care Owed To Family Members in the event of a serious incident
• What resources should companies make available to the family of an employee in the event of a serious incident abroad?
• Crisis communication, social media and the fast pace of online news-how should companies be guiding family members of an employee involved in a serious incident?
Duty Of Care Owed To Family Members of employees on long-term assignments
• The challenges faced by trailing spouses and children – what level of support should organisations be offering?
• Is your assignee’s family life sufficiently robust to weather the transition?
• The impact of effective organizational support on spouse adjustment
• Transition coaching for high risk locations
• Tailoring family support for local staff with diverse needs. Expectations from different cultures.